Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Click Here To Return To The Home Page

HomeHelpSearch Merchandise DonateContactEvent CalendarLoginRegister  

'Poligraf' - Prog Rock Group from Québec (Read 5,646 times)

ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
'Poligraf' - Prog Rock Group from Québec
5th Oct, 2008 at 8:14pm

All,

An e-mail I recently I received from the guys at Poligraf.

Recommended. Cool

D

Hey,

Poligraf is currently gathering funds to record its first album. You're invited to support us by pre-ordering at http://poligraf.wordpress.com/

Any help in getting the word out is deeply appreciated !

Also, if you'd like to see us "live" we have recently posted a few clips on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=P0L16R4F

Thanks !

Hey Stellar Attraction !

It is with great pleasure that I write to inform you that Poligraf is back in action !

After having given a very well-received performance at the CONGA 2008 local band contest in January, the band is currently getting ready for two live dates with Ottawa's The Rebel Wheel, in May and June. Here are the details :

Friday May 16 - 21h00
La Ninkasi du Faubourg
811, rue Saint-Jean
Québec, Québec, G1R 1R2
Tickets : 5 $
Infos : 418-529-8538

Saturday June 14 - 20h00
Avant-Garde Bar
135 1/2 Besserer St.
Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 6A7
Tickets : 8 $
Infos : 613-321-8908

Poligraf has also been selected to take part in yet another band contest, "Plein feux sur les bands de garage," to be held Saturday May 24 at the Base de plein air de Sainte-Foy. This discipline is part of the Cultural Olympiads 2008, one of the many activities surrounding Quebec City's 400th birthday celebrations.

At the end of February, Poligraf released a first demo entitled "CONGA 2008 Demo" which is now available on a number of distribution sites. You're invited to broadcast the two singles excerpted from this demo, "Reinfused" and "In The Taste Of The Day," both of which can be downloaded freely via the band's MySpace page (http://www.myspace.com/poligraf). High-quality (320 Kbps) audio files of the two titles are also available on demand.

The poligrafists value your support and would be grateful if you could communicate these recent developments to your audients.

Thank you for your collaboration !

Take care,
Christopher

Blurb - Poligraf
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Strongly influenced by progressive rock and drawing from a wide range of genres going from world beat and jazz fusion to symphonic music and free form improvisation, the poligrafists propose ornate musical ladders intended to help fallen angels reach their respective heavens. Intensely bombastic or deeply introspective, beautifully simple or freakingly complex, overly dramatic or delightfully playful, the music leaves few listeners unmoved, as Poligraf uses every trick in the book to make sure that you get your wings back.

Blurb - The Rebel Wheel
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Steeped in dark cinematic soundscapes and complex, turn-on-a-dime arrangements, The Rebel Wheel features a frenetic mix of rock aggression, and unpredictable odd-meter vamps. Originally formed in 1991 as a fusion-based midi ensemble, the floating lineup has gradually solidified to the current five piece featuring guitars, keyboards, sax, drums and bass, and the music has focused more on modern, genre-blending Progressive Rock. At times large and dissonant, at other times lyrical and direct, "Diagramma" features strong playing, unique arrangements, unexpected sonics and a self-contained compositional symmetry.

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged

Dan Joy
Watcher Of The Skies

turn on, tune in, comment
profusely

Falls Church VA
Re: 'Poligraf' - Prog Rock Group from Québec
Reply #1 - 6th Oct, 2008 at 11:23pm

Thanks for the 411, Darran! These groups certainly sound interesting from the descriptions!

"It's all about the prog"
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

ino_100
Harold The Barrel

Namaste

Montréal, Québec
Reply #2 - 7th Oct, 2008 at 2:24pm

I had never heard of this band. I've listen to what they published on Myspace, and I can say I like the music, but the voice is another thing... I'll keep looking around for those guys. Thanks Darran!

Max

One Love

IP Logged

Oldrocker
Stellar Patriot

I am not a number, I am
a free man !!!

Stirling , Scotland
Reply #3 - 11th Oct, 2008 at 10:56pm

Welcome POLI6R4P !!

I see you've signed up today !!!

You're never too old to learn the drums !! Are you ??
IP Logged