Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Click Here To Return To The Home Page

HomeHelpSearch Merchandise DonateContactEvent CalendarLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Beatles Session 1, Friday 9th November 9pm (Read 38,740 times)

madzilla
Stellar DJ

Re: Beatles Session 1, Friday 9th November 9pm
Reply #15 - 9th Nov, 2007 at 9:34pm

The next track, What's The New Mary Jane, was conceived during the White Album sessions, but in the end Revolution 9 beat it out to end up on the finished LP. Following this is a track called Bison by an artist called The Fireman, from the album Rushes, an album of experimental electronic sounds and ambient songs. The Fireman is a pseudonym of Paul McCartney's, and the album title Rushes is a nod to the lyrics of Beatles classic Penny Lane - "...and the fireman rushes in..."

The next song, Check My Machine, is a bonus track from McCartney's 1980 album McCartney II, followed by You Never Give Me Your Money from The Beatles' Abbey Road. Not Guilty is a George Harrison song originally intended for inclusion on the White Album, but in the end it surfaced on George's 1979 solo album George Harrison.

We end Session 1 on a good old rocker - Paul wrote Helter Skelter in response to an interview with Pete Townshend where he described The Who's latest single, I Can See for Miles as the loudest, rawest, dirtiest song The Who had ever recorded. After recording the eighteenth take of Helter Skelter, Ringo Starr flung his sticks across the studio and screamed, "I've got blisters on my fingers!"

IP Logged

madzilla
Stellar DJ

Reply #16 - 9th Nov, 2007 at 10:04pm

Well that wraps up the first of the Beatles Sessions, hope you enjoyed it. Smiley The next session will be coming soon!

Cool

IP Logged

Tux
Stellar Associate

The Netherlands
Reply #17 - 9th Nov, 2007 at 10:31pm

Bummer, just missed you lot on IRC. I saw JaneEyre leave while I was typing hello Sad

And I think ProgMaster knows his listeners by now Smiley
JaneEyre, your wrong though if you ask me: The Beatles cannot even *hope* to come close to the quality of Pink Floyd and Gentle Giant Tongue

And yes, I enjoyed not listening to these 4. I was playing with the kids.

IP Logged

huntr_22
Watcher Of The Skies

France
Reply #18 - 9th Nov, 2007 at 10:34pm

Superb session Madzilla!Thank you so much for this!

Next times I will listen early to guarantee my listening slot as D says!

Cool

IP Logged

fish_head
Sound Chaser

Reply #19 - 9th Nov, 2007 at 10:37pm

gr8 sess madzilla!!!!!

I managed to catch it all and am gonna prolly listen to a re-run to!!!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2