Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Click Here To Return To The Home Page

HomeHelpSearch Merchandise DonateContactEvent CalendarLoginRegister  

Can you adjust a link? (Read 5,172 times)

alan sharkey
Stellar DJ

What 70's hackers become
when they grow up

Rochdale, UK
Can you adjust a link?
20th Feb, 2009 at 8:52pm

Darren,

when I click on the album cover for whatever is playing, I get taken to Amazon USA - it would be nice if it took me to Amazon UK. Any chance?

Alan

Alan Sharkey
Retired but still Progging.

IP Logged

ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
Re: Can you adjust a link?
Reply #1 - 20th Feb, 2009 at 9:04pm

Something that I would love as well !! Wink

At the moment, it's not something that's feasible I'm afraid. As you're probably already aware, Amazon have multiple store locations across the globe and the default settings that are bundled with the SAM server software interact with Amazon.com, in the US.

This may change in the future but it's not something that I'm aware will happen anytime soon. In the meantime, I'm searching for a plug-in, mod or similar that would allow multiple CD links. In an ideal world, these would be automatic, depending on the listener's IP address.

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged

ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
Re: Can you adjust a link?
Reply #2 - 20th Feb, 2009 at 9:08pm

Incidentally, if you need a specific Amazon.co.uk link for a CD, please let me know and I'll provide one if I can. Smiley

Also, Amazon.com in the US will normally ship to the UK without any problems. Obviously, if you can be patient. This wasn't such a bad thing last year with the prevailing USD / GBP exchange rate but these days, perhaps not ... Undecided

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged