Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Click Here To Return To The Home Page

HomeHelpSearch Merchandise DonateContactEvent CalendarLoginRegister  

Caravan to tour Oct/Nov 2007 (Read 6,207 times)

Rolling Ronnie
Astral Traveller

Caravan to tour Oct/Nov 2007
29th Jun, 2007 at 12:40pm

Message from Ralph Cross on the Caravan Information Service website

"Proposed UK tour by Caravan
Caravan are at the early stages of planning some gigs for the Autumn of 2007, their first for over two years.

Ralph Cross writes:

At last plans are afoot for a tour by Caravan, their first dates since the Isle of Wight Festival in 2005. Richard Coughlan's health is much improved and the band members are enthusiastic about a return to touring.They hope to be on the road during the period from around mid/late October into early November 2007.

The band do not have a manager or road manager and I have taken on the responsibility (as a one off) to organise the whole thing. My problem is I'm no businessman and  I can't risk my capital on a venture like this. I'm prepared to risk it on 2 or 3 gigs, but I'm hoping there's people out there who might be interested in organising a gig in their locality that could be slotted in to the tour.

You would need to pay the band a fee which they would then use for transport and accommodation and their wage for the night. In return you would need a venue which provides lights, full PA along with mikes and stands, ticket printing and selling, advertising and personnel in the venue to oversee health and safety.

It's not as tricky as you think- I have put the band on three times previously and I can tell you the adrenilin rush from putting on your favourite band is second to none!

So you have a choice.....hope I can find some venues who will pay the band a fee upfront (not common) or we may have to shelve the tour. Maybe  a group of you could share the risk (the likelihood is you could make something out if it). Please think about it and contact me if you can help at ralphcross@gmail.com"

Any promoters out there ??? Cool

Banana ~ Nirvana ~ Maņana

IP Logged

ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
Re: Caravan to tour Oct/Nov 2007
Reply #1 - 30th Jun, 2007 at 9:11pm

Thanks for the info. RR. Looks good - I would love to see Caravan play live. Cool

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged

danrok
Stellar Moderator

Prog on...

GB
Reply #2 - 30th Jun, 2007 at 10:37pm

Are they playing their old stuff?

Caravan's website:
http://www.caravan-info.co.uk/news/

WWW WWW danrok  
IP Logged

ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
Reply #3 - 30th Jun, 2007 at 11:19pm

Perhaps a Rebecca Loos / S.A. consortium could bring them to the Art's Centre ?? Roll Eyes Wink

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged

Rolling Ronnie
Astral Traveller

Reply #4 - 13th Jul, 2007 at 6:51pm

Here's an update on the Caravan Tour from the Caravan Information Service website.

GIG NEWS
This is the place to check out all the latest news of Gigs at which Caravan will be performing.

UK
An extensive UK tour for the autumn of 2007 will be announced shortly. Ten dates have been agreed so far, but details will only be announced once an opportunity has been given for venues to print tickets etc.. Expect dates in the South, London, the West Country, the Midlands and Scotland. Most have been agreed with promoters or the venues themselves, but in a few cases the money has been put up by fans of the band.........their names will be revealed eventually- they are the ones who gave us the confidence to go for it.

As the first venue to give the band a break we can reveal the first date!
Tuesday 30th October: The Plinston, Letchworth Garden City
www.plinstonlive.com        

HOLLAND
The gig planned to celebrate the (belated) 60th birthday of Jasper Smit, the leader of the European fan club, is scheduled to follow on from the UK tour

No other dates abroad are planned at this time.

Jan Schelhaas and Geoffrey Richardson of the band have recently started posting on the forum there as well. Smiley

RR

XX

Banana ~ Nirvana ~ Maņana

IP Logged

ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
Reply #5 - 13th Jul, 2007 at 6:57pm

That's great news - thanks for the info. RR.

Hopefully, I will be able to catch one of their shows ... Cool

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged