silver
Legacy Stellar DJ

At such speeds, things
fly

Sunny Weymouth
Re: Fish Marathon
27th May, 2007 at 10:17am

Hi Everyone

Thanks for all the positive comments. It is very much appreciated.

I really enjoyed putting the session together and I am pleased so many of you have enjoyed it. Hopefully it will inspire those of you less familiar with his solo work to check out his many studio and live albums. In fact all the live sessions featured are from official recordings that are either still or have been available. As always, for more info on all things Fish go to his excellent website The Company.

For those of you were unable to listen to all of the session remember to check the Event Calendar for a full list of scheduled repeats.

Cheers
David
Smiley

IP Logged

huntr_22
Watcher Of The Skies

France
Reply #1 - 27th May, 2007 at 5:52pm

Just in time for the next broadcast.

Cool

IP Logged

plodder
Starship Trooper

Sunny Cardiff
Reply #2 - 27th May, 2007 at 7:02pm

Yes, cheers Silver for your excellent Fish marathon. I'm enjoying some of what I missed again now.

plodder 313288976 thisisplodder thisisplodder  
IP Logged

fish_head
Sound Chaser

Reply #3 - 27th May, 2007 at 8:57pm

Just tunedin in time for 'Plague of ghosts'!!!

Silver,you are the STELLAR DJ!!!!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

silver
Legacy Stellar DJ

At such speeds, things
fly

Sunny Weymouth
Reply #4 - 27th May, 2007 at 9:05pm

Plague of Ghosts is his finest moment without a doubt

IP Logged

huntr_22
Watcher Of The Skies

France
Reply #5 - 27th May, 2007 at 9:38pm

I did not realize Fish made some recordings with Tony Banks.Which CD is this from Silver?

IP Logged

silver
Legacy Stellar DJ

At such speeds, things
fly

Sunny Weymouth
Reply #6 - 27th May, 2007 at 9:43pm

The Tony Banks album is called Still

IP Logged

huntr_22
Watcher Of The Skies

France
Reply #7 - 27th May, 2007 at 9:51pm

Thank you for this Silver.I have just bought the CD from Amazon.fr. Cool

Also,superb to listen to your voice introducing the music.

IP Logged

huntr_22
Watcher Of The Skies

France
Reply #8 - 28th May, 2007 at 8:55pm

This version oif *Fearless* is superb.

Thanks again Silver.

Cool

IP Logged

JaneEyre
Squonk

endearingly cantankerous

Reply #9 - 31st May, 2007 at 5:47pm

I am really, really enjoying the Fish marathon, Silver .... but you talk funny!

Wink

IP Logged

JaneEyre
Squonk

endearingly cantankerous

Reply #10 - 31st May, 2007 at 5:57pm

Crikey! Undecided

Latest Email from FishFish 2007- "And then it was over"
Wed, 30 May 2007

Dear Fishheads, Freaks fans and the Company,

On Saturday 26th May, two days after invitations were sent out and ten weeks before the event Heather Findlay announced that she no longer wished to marry me and as such the wedding is now cancelled. She packed that night, left on Sunday and her belongings were moved out of the studio less than 48 hours later with no possible chance of reconciliation.
I had been concerned in recent weeks as to her commitment but had put it down to pre wedding nerves and the surrounding stress of arranging a wedding and living in a studio where an album was underway with all it's attendant intrusion into our domestic situation. She found my hectic lifestyle and work schedule difficult to handle and was missing friends and family in York and seemed generally unhappy. A rolling sequence of arguments and confrontations accentuated by pre nuptial and other arrangements had made me hesitant about sending out the invites and we had an openhearted discussion on her return from a week away from the studio playing shows and visiting friends. I felt reassured by her answers, the invites were sent, but the arguments continued, reaching a peak on Saturday and culminating in her decision to cancel the wedding. I was shocked and angry at her announcement and especially with the timing which could not have come at a worse stage with all the principal arrangements and organisation already in place.
I feel acutely embarrassed and deeply hurt but as with my friends and family I also have a sense of relief as it would have been a more traumatic experience dealing with a divorce and it's consequences as the marriage was obviously flawed.
I am trying to be positive and focus my energies into the album and my workload which now involves de constructing a wedding for 250 guests and clearing up the financial mess which I was covering.
I know this will come as a shock to most of you after my obvious commitment to the relationship and my willingness to start a new family but it's now apparent that the reality of the marriage didn't appeal to Heather.

Obviously this means that Odin Dragonfly will not be supporting me on tour and that Heather will not be taking part in my new album. I feel badly for Angela Gordon as I know she was looking forward to working with my band and once again she has been let down by events out with her control.
Chris Johnson, my new guitarist, who also works with "Mostly Autumn", phoned me on Tuesday to assure me he was still committed to playing with us and Gavin Griffiths will be drumming for that band next week as he has completed his work on the backing tracks on the new album. Gavin has put in some great performances and has really made his mark on "13th Star". He is back with us permanently in July for rehearsals
Everything has been going well in the studio and Calum is doing a magnificent job with the production. Steve Vantsis has done brilliantly with the song preparation and his pre production work has made us ahead of the game despite the obvious intrusion caused by Heather's departure.
As I said I now want to immerse myself in the album in the coming weeks and try and put this entire incident behind me and get on with my life. I am eternally grateful for the support from my friends, family and particularly my daughter at this moment in time.

Fish

IP Logged

fish_head
Sound Chaser

Reply #11 - 6th Jun, 2007 at 3:10am

Just wanted to say thanks for running the session SILVER.   I managed to catch two of them practically all of the way thru!!

Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

huntr_22
Watcher Of The Skies

France
Reply #12 - 6th Jun, 2007 at 8:09pm

fish_head wrote on 6th Jun, 2007 at 3:10am:
Just wanted to say thanks for running the session SILVER.   I managed to catch two of them practically all of the way thru!!

Smiley Smiley

I agree with Fish Head.Thank you for this session DJ SILVER.

Cool

IP Logged