Genesis (Read 3,276 times)

silver
Legacy Stellar DJ

At such speeds, things
fly

Sunny Weymouth
Genesis
7th Feb, 2005 at 10:07pm

I have been listening to SA for a few months now and although I don't tune in 24/7 I do listen very regularly, I can only remember hearing one Genesis track with Phil Collins singing (Dance on a Volcano). There are other some great tracks on 'A Trick of of the Tail' from which it is taken ie Squonk, Ripples  and also from 'Wind and Wuthering' ie One for the Vine, Eleventh Earl of Mar, Afterglow. Of course all the Banks/Rutherford/Collins line up albums have some great moments so it would be nice to hear some stuff from them too (Behind the lines, Home by the sea, Driving the last Spike).

So what I'm actually requesting is more Genesis without PG.

Which doesn't mean I don't love the early stuff as I do.

I would also like to take this oportunity to nominate Genesis for the next 24hr session. Grin

IP Logged

ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
Re: Genesis
Reply #1 - 8th Feb, 2005 at 1:28am

Well spotted Silver - as you have already probably guessed, my 'Genesis' leaning is heavily tipped in favour of their material featuring 'Peter Gabriel'.

I've played most of the tracks from 'A Trick Of The Tail' at some point and 'More Fool Me (Live at The Rainbow '73)' is currently on the playlist.

I definitely agree that there is a wealth of excellent material featuring the Banks/Rutherford/Collins line-up which (in hindsight) has been neglected here on SA. This is something that I'll rectify shortly.

This leaves me with a dilemma for the '24 Hour Genesis Session' which is on the cards ...

Whilst I'm obviously not going to ignore their career post '76, I'd have to be very heavily persuaded to play any solo material from either 'Phil Collins' or 'Mike and The Mechanics'.  Undecided

Anyway, I'll start a 'Genesis Session 24 Hour Wish-List' thread under this topic so people can start to throw their suggestions into the ring.

Cheers.

Dee

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged