Click Here To Return To The Home Page

HomeHelpSearch Merchandise DonateContactEvent CalendarLoginRegister  

King Crimson (Read 7,985 times)

Chacmol
Stellar Newbie

King Crimson
19th Nov, 2009 at 6:33am

Today i heard "island"
and it was a version i haven't heard before.. it was really good.

I also listened to 3 or 4 songs of "the who" straight, and i'm sure that you can make a day or  at least broadcast more than one of king crimson songs a day.

i would like to hear newer versions, classics of the band, long songs, whatever... i wish you can give some time to this request.

IP Logged

ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
Re: King Crimson
Reply #1 - 19th Nov, 2009 at 8:48pm

Hi there Chacmol and welcome to S.A.,

The tracks you're referring to are a few taken from The Who's 'Tommy' album. The reason why there was a small block of tracks by the same artist, from the same album played was simply because this is how the music was meant to be heard. As a concept album (and/or 'Rock Opera'), there is a story that's played-out through the album with the songs deliberately rolling-into one another. Similar stretches of music from say 'The Wall' by Pink Floyd or the Pretty Things's 'S.F. Sorrow' are often played the same way and for the same reason.

As for King Crimson, the version of 'Islands' that you heard was the original track from the original album, however, a little later on in the same playlist there was a small block of live tracks by King Crimson played in sequence.

I think that your question is really asking whether a King Crimson marathon / session should be played on S.A. and that's certainly something to consider. Cool

D

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged

Chacmol
Stellar Newbie

Reply #2 - 19th Nov, 2009 at 10:02pm

ProgMaster wrote on 19th Nov, 2009 at 8:48pm:
Hi there Chacmol and welcome to S.A.,

The tracks you're referring to are a few taken from The Who's 'Tommy' album. The reason why there was a small block of tracks by the same artist, from the same album played was simply because this is how the music was meant to be heard. As a concept album (and/or 'Rock Opera'), there is a story that's played-out through the album with the songs deliberately rolling-into one another. Similar stretches of music from say 'The Wall' by Pink Floyd or the Pretty Things's 'S.F. Sorrow' are often played the same way and for the same reason.

As for King Crimson, the version of 'Islands' that you heard was the original track from the original album, however, a little later on in the same playlist there was a small block of live tracks by King Crimson played in sequence.

I think that your question is really asking whether a King Crimson marathon / session should be played on S.A. and that's certainly something to consider. Cool

D

Great!  Grin

Thanks for the info, everything is clear now, its great to be here, i really enjoy prog and S.A. is simply amazing.

IP Logged

ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
Reply #3 - 19th Nov, 2009 at 10:03pm

Hi again Chacmol. Good to see you online again. That I'm glad that you're enjoying the music. Cool

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged

ino_100
Harold The Barrel

Namaste

Montréal, Québec
Reply #4 - 20th Nov, 2009 at 3:47pm

Welcome to SA Chacmol!

One Love

IP Logged

Dan Joy
Watcher Of The Skies

turn on, tune in, comment
profusely

Falls Church VA
Reply #5 - 21st Nov, 2009 at 6:50am

Chacmol wrote on 19th Nov, 2009 at 10:02pm:
i really enjoy prog and S.A. is simply amazing.

I completely concur with both of those statements!

Welcome aboard, Chacmol!

"It's all about the prog"
WWW WWW  
IP Logged