Form Spoofing Error (Read 5,284 times)

ino_100
Harold The Barrel

Namaste

Montréal, Québec
Form Spoofing Error
1st Nov, 2009 at 1:23pm

ALERT!! Form Spoofing Detected coming from IP address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

I got this error when login in. This stressed me a bit (you know malware/virus)and decided to do a small google search on it.

I found a forum and the problem has been resolve on reply #12. You might want to take a look at it Darran. It seams the problem is when you use the "Keeps" button. Did anybody see this message before?

One Love

IP Logged

ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
Re: Form Spoofing Error
Reply #1 - 1st Nov, 2009 at 7:50pm

Hi Max,

Nothing to be alarmed about, honest. That specific error message has nothing whatsoever to do with malware and/or a virus, really.

The reason why you encountered this error message was because you were trying to login to the forum but the website already 'knew' who you were and considered you as logged-in. So, the error message simply means that somebody from Max's computer is trying to login as Max again ...

What to do is when you re-visit the forum (as long as you are using the same computer, haven't deleted your cookies or have manually logged out on your last visit), it will know that it is you and you will automatically login again. Simply click on a post or any page within the forum on your return and you will notice that you're already signed-in.

I hope that this is clear and apologies for any confusion.

D

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged

ino_100
Harold The Barrel

Namaste

Montréal, Québec
Re: Form Spoofing Error
Reply #2 - 1st Nov, 2009 at 7:55pm

Thanks for the explanation D.

One Love

IP Logged