Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Click Here To Return To The Home Page

HomeHelpSearch Merchandise DonateContactEvent CalendarLoginRegister  

Oliver & Adam Wakeman (Read 15,829 times)

Landy
Stellar Newbie

"Be yourself, or live
the fantasy within"

Oliver & Adam Wakeman
23rd Feb, 2008 at 4:24pm

Hiya Everyone,

I first heard of Oliver Wakeman when the ProgMaster played the ProgAid song. The song is one of the best that I have ever heard! It is absolutely, brilliant! Who knows why it did not make it to America??????????????????

Anyway, I investigated the making of the song, and long and behold, I discovered the name Oliver Wakeman in the band. And to further the irony, he was the keyboardist. Well, with the similarities and talent, I only assumed that Rick had a son who would assume the role of taking charge of the next generation "moog, piano" enthusiasts. Well my assumptions were accurate.

Oliver has a website http://www.oliver-wakeman.co.uk/ with numerous musical clips from his albums. It is very cool to once again, here the moog synthesizers! I just wonder why more musicians do not include this instrument into their music? Or do they and I just don't know about it? I have never heard of the term since the 70's, or just maybe, I am living in the dark ages Undecided

Another source to check out on O.W, is his MySpace page,
http://www.myspace.com/oliverwakemanband

Oops, I have to add on to this message, for I just was browsing MySpace and found that Rick Wakeman also has another son who is, you know it, a musician. Adam Wakeman's MySpace page is a click away....
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=898420...

I wonder what I will find next! Sorry, this all might be old news to my cousins across the pond in the UK but I am one American that is becoming enlightened Roll Eyes

IP Logged

ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
Re: Oliver & Adam Wakeman
Reply #1 - 23rd Feb, 2008 at 9:42pm

Hi Landy,

Thanks for the information, very interesting.

Music from the group Jeronimo Road (featuring Adam Wakeman) is regularly featured on S.A.

Also, Oliver has been tipped to be play keyboards on the forthcoming Yes tour - if Wakeman Snr. is unable to make certain concert dates.

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged

Landy
Stellar Newbie

"Be yourself, or live
the fantasy within"

Re: Oliver & Adam Wakeman
Reply #2 - 24th Feb, 2008 at 4:17am

ProgMaster wrote on 23rd Feb, 2008 at 9:42pm:
Hi Landy,

Thanks for the information, very interesting.

Music from the group Jeronimo Road (featuring Adam Wakeman) is regularly featured on S.A.

Also, Oliver has been tipped to be play keyboards on the forthcoming Yes tour - if Wakeman Snr. is unable to make certain concert dates.

Thanks for the info, P.M. I might have heard you play Jeronimo Road, but it does not ring any bells. If I am not mistaken, Adam is touring with Ozzy? I think I read the moving marques on his M.S Page, accurately.

Landy

IP Logged