Click Here To Return To The Home Page

HomeHelpSearch Merchandise DonateContactEvent CalendarLoginRegister  

"Server Full" (Read 4,080 times)

thormusique
Stellar Newbie

3rd stone from the sun
"Server Full"
7th Jun, 2007 at 4:08pm

uh-oh . . . for the first time tuning in to SA, i'm repeatedly getting a "Server Full" message. one the one hand, of course, that's great because it means that more and more people are tuning in (and "turning on") ; on the other hand, i'm not one of them !  Sad

could it be merely because the server needs 'tweaking' of some sort, or is it -- dare i ask? -- because the server is (gulp) actually full ? (he asked in quiet desperation)

in need of an SA fix,

thormusique

thormusique thormusique  
IP Logged

ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
Re: "Server Full"
Reply #1 - 7th Jun, 2007 at 5:59pm

Hi there thormusique,

Having checked the logs for today, the server has been hitting full-capacity regularly over the course of the past few hours. This isn't uncommon as the station continues to grow in popularity - the main broadband stream hits full-capacity several times on any given day.

At this moment in time I do not have any immediate plans to increase the bandwidth on the main broadband stream to accommodate additional, simultaneous listeners. This is purely due to financial constraints - remember, S.A. is privately owned and run by myself. I do not make a penny out of doing this, in fact it costs a considerable amount of my personal money to simply 'keep the show on the road'.

All that I can suggest is that if you encounter the frustrating 'Server Full' error message is to connect to the dial-up stream. This is always far less busy and you'll almost certainly be guaranteed a listening slot, however, it obviously broadcasts at a lower bitrate than the main broadband server but is still very listenable in my opinion.

In the meantime, donations towards the running costs of S.A. are always greatly appreciated !! Wink

D

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged

thormusique
Stellar Newbie

3rd stone from the sun
Re: "Server Full"
Reply #2 - 7th Jun, 2007 at 8:11pm

thanks, ProgMaster. point well taken ! and i'm happy to oblige. after all, that kind of tireless dedication deserves all our support. Prog On !

thormusique

thormusique thormusique  
IP Logged