ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
Re: Cant connect
Reply #1 - 8th Feb, 2007 at 6:11pm

Hi there Floyd and welcome to S.A.,

Simple answer here :-

The server has banned you from tuning-in because you were attempting to copy ('rip') the stream. As much as I love running Stellar Attraction, it does take up a large amount of my spare time and personal money. It's a radio station first and foremost and always will be. I certainly don't plough in all of this time and money so that some stranger can expand their personal music library ... Angry

There is intelligent software on the server that periodically looks for listeners either attempting to or actually starting to copy the music being broadcast. Any listener trying to do this will automatically be banned I'm afraid, resulting in the error message that you've attached here.

Admittedly, you may not have been aware of any of this, although this subject has been touched-on in the past.

In the meantime, I've unbanned you so that you can now tune-in again without any problems.

Enjoy the music.

D

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged

ino_100
Harold The Barrel

Namaste

Montréal, Québec
Reply #2 - 13th Feb, 2007 at 7:29pm

Well, I dont see any problem with this program, exept for the RIPPING option. But, there is no problem if you dont use that option. and to prove that to youj, ive been using this little software since  I started listenning SA. I am not banned!

But I entierely understand your point of vue, your not doing all this work and time to be ripped like that, nobody likes to be stollen....

But this little software and very lite, and I wont stop using it!

MAxime

One Love

IP Logged

ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
Reply #3 - 14th Feb, 2007 at 8:06pm

ino_100 wrote on 13th Feb, 2007 at 7:29pm:
Well, I dont see any problem with this program, exept for the RIPPING option. But, there is no problem if you dont use that option. and to prove that to youj, ive been using this little software since  I started listenning SA. I am not banned!

But I entierely understand your point of vue, your not doing all this work and time to be ripped like that, nobody likes to be stollen....

But this little software and very lite, and I wont stop using it!

MAxime

It's the very fact that there is a 'ripping' facility within this application that makes it a problem !!

Like all aspects of the station and website, the script that currently protects the server from listeners copying the stream will be enhanced in due course, making it even more intelligent and resilient to such activities.

Please don't try my patience on this issue Max - this topic is closed on the forum - full stop, end of discussion. Any further posts of this nature (discussing 'ripping software' or a listener simply bragging that they can tune-in with a Media Player with 'ripping' functionality) will be deleted without warning.

D

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged