Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Click Here To Return To The Home Page

HomeHelpSearch Merchandise DonateContactEvent CalendarLoginRegister  

New feature on SA's home page (Read 3,374 times)

ORION VII
Stellar Patriot

Herford / Germany
New feature on SA's home page
6th Aug, 2006 at 1:22pm

Imagine there's an internet radio station serving the best prog-rock music on the internet (thank you Dee for doing so)

Imagine also that this station has lots of listeners enjoying  Smiley the program.

Imagine further that almost none of these listeners seems to have discovered the new (even though not excitingly new) feature on Stellar Attraction's homepage, yet.

The feature I'm talking about are the two tiny, nicely coloured buttons (labeled "DONATE") on S.A's home page !    They are located bottom left not to over-stress you searching.

Please remember: running an internet station costs money and to me it seems unfair to have Dee pay all the expenses.

So come on all ye prog-rockers out there (at least those of you who can afford it) - give yourself a kick and discover what happens if you click on one of these buttons.... !!!!!!       

Hint: it doesn't hurt.

Thank you Dee for the music

.... and keep on prog-rockin' all of you out there.

What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.

IP Logged

ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
Re: New feature on SA's home page
Reply #1 - 7th Aug, 2006 at 8:04pm

Hi there Orion VII and welcome to the forum !!

Well, what can I say ... ?? Great first post, thank you !! Wink

I've mentioned this topic before, both on air (in one of my infrequent rambles) but also here on the forum. I love running Stellar Attraction but it does take up a huge amount of my spare time and yes ... money. There will be an online shop open soon where you can buy assorted 'Stellar Attraction Goodies' - namely T-shirts and the like, with any money being made going back into the running of S.A.

In the meantime, if you enjoy what you hear and have a credit card, any donation - however large or small - goes towards the running of the station. If anybody is interested, the operating costs of Stellar Attraction (per. month) are as follows. This excludes any CDs that I buy monthly, the amount of which obviously fluctuates :-
  • ShoutCast Servers x 2 - USD 130.00
  • Website Hosting (which includes the discussion forum) - USD 39.95
  • Dedicated CoreLine Business ADSL Connection - GBP 46.95
  • Total (per. month) - USD 255.00 / GBP 144.00 / EUR 213.00
If you would like to make a donation, it couldn't be easier. All you need is a valid credit card - you do not need to have your own PayPal account - go the front page of the website and scroll down a little to the 'Donate' buttons on the left hand side of the screen and click.

Smiley

Dee

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged