Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Click Here To Return To The Home Page

HomeHelpSearch Merchandise DonateContactEvent CalendarLoginRegister  

Your Opinion on Spock's Beard (Read 12,688 times)

ProgMistress
Stellar Newbie

Your Opinion on Spock's Beard
23rd Apr, 2006 at 12:03am

Thanks ProgMaster for turning me onto Spock's Beard! I love their music and from all the stuff I have heard on Stellar Attraction, much new to me, Spock's B. is my favorite.

I have recently heard the album, Kindness of Strangers and love it. Incredible songs, all of them - all listenable. If I were to fork over the money for a CD, which should I buy? According to Amazon, the best selling of SB albums are Snow, V, and cant remember the others in order. To anyone into Spock's Beard, which album is your favorite?

IP Logged

huntr_22
Watcher Of The Skies

France
Re: Your Opinion on Spock's Beard
Reply #1 - 23rd Apr, 2006 at 12:08am

Hello ProgMistress,

I have bought the new recording *Octavarium* and it is superb.I would recomend it to anybody.It is good you are enjoying SA.So many bands I have never heard before played here... Cool

IP Logged

ProgMistress
Stellar Newbie

Reply #2 - 23rd Apr, 2006 at 2:21am

Hi Huntr, the album you bought is by Dream Theater? They are soooo good! I never heard of alot of this prog rock music until I began listening to Stellar A. Now I have fallen in love with Spocks Beard. Check out Kindness of Strangers. Every track is worth listening to! ProgMistress Smiley

IP Logged

huntr_22
Watcher Of The Skies

France
Reply #3 - 23rd Apr, 2006 at 2:30am

Yes it is by Dream Theatre.Spocks beard are also very good. Cool

IP Logged

ProgMistress
Stellar Newbie

Reply #4 - 23rd Apr, 2006 at 6:49pm

Do you have other Dream Theater CD's, Huntr? If so, which is your fav?

IP Logged

Yes_Chikki
Starship Trooper

Reply #5 - 23rd Apr, 2006 at 7:36pm

*Spocks Beard* are great......so are *Porcupine Tree* which is playing now!!!!

Kiss

High vibration go on

IP Logged

GFTO77
Life Seeker

Bring on the Prog

Reply #6 - 23rd Apr, 2006 at 8:14pm

Both bands - Spocks Beard - and - Dream Theater - rock...I wud recomend  the live in NY album by DT and the new CD - Octavarium - ...by SB I wud definately go for - Dont try this @ home - and - Euphoria - great CDs the both of em. Have you checked out - The Flower Kings - Prog Mistress???  Another great "modern" prog band.... Cool

Stellar Attraction rocks like no other Radio Station...

IP Logged

ProgMistress
Stellar Newbie

Reply #7 - 24th Apr, 2006 at 12:49am

Thanks for the info GFT. I have not really checked out or actually paid too close attention to Flower Kings (have heard them on stellar attract, however. Will have to do just that, check them out. I agree with Yes Chikki, Porcupine Tree is good, bought their latest CD which is good.

IP Logged

silver
Legacy Stellar DJ

At such speeds, things
fly

Sunny Weymouth
Reply #8 - 8th Jun, 2006 at 8:32pm

Spocks Beard last studio album was 'Octane', maybe this  is causing the confusion with DT 'Ocatavarium'.

Would also recommend The Flower Kings 'The Rainmaker' album.

Also check out Transatlantic (featuring members of DT, SP, FK and Marillion). Over the top prog!

IP Logged

Amy
Starship Trooper

Noo Joisey, USA
Reply #9 - 22nd Jun, 2006 at 1:13pm

ProgMistress wrote on 23rd Apr, 2006 at 12:03am:
Thanks ProgMaster for turning me onto Spock's Beard! I love their music and from all the stuff I have heard on Stellar Attraction, much new to me, Spock's B. is my favorite.

I have recently heard the album, Kindness of Strangers and love it. Incredible songs, all of them - all listenable. If I were to fork over the money for a CD, which should I buy? According to Amazon, the best selling of SB albums are Snow, V, and cant remember the others in order. To anyone into Spock's Beard, which album is your favorite?

"I wish we were still in June..." -- ahh, great stuff. And the reference to the song "Waste Away" is from the album "Beware of Darkness" - grab it, it's great! In particular, the song "The Doorway" blows me away. Neal Morse was a phenomenal writer in those days.

WWW WWW  
IP Logged