Click Here To Return To The Home Page

HomeHelpSearch Merchandise DonateContactEvent CalendarLoginRegister  

server problems? (Read 6,769 times)

morgad
Stellar Newbie

Devon, UK
server problems?
29th Dec, 2005 at 10:28am

Any ideas why the server has been playing up for the last couple of days?
Quote:
Sorry, The Server Is Currently Unable To Retreive It's Source

It Will Be Back Up ASAP !!!

Dave

WWW WWW  
IP Logged

ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
Re: server problems?
Reply #1 - 30th Dec, 2005 at 1:16am

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately, the server decided to re-boot itself at around 6:10am this morning and as has happened before, the radio streaming software didn't kick back-in automatically as it should. Read here about the last occurence of this.

I am going to be re-building the main server within the next week or so and am confident that this will solve the problem. The radio stream won't be affected during this rebuild, as I will run the stream from my personal machine.

Apologies for any inconvenience this caused.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Dee

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged

ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
Reply #2 - 1st Jan, 2006 at 8:50pm

It would appear that the server, like myself, doesn't like mornings. For reasons best known to itself, it re-booted at 8:05am today and didn't start automatically streaming again ... Undecided

I'm going to re-build the machine this evening and will also be installing the latest version of the excellent SAM Broadcasting Application. The combination of this re-build and the new streaming software is an excellent way to start 2006. Cool

Cheers.

Dee

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged

ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
Reply #3 - 3rd Jan, 2006 at 10:12pm

Coincidently, our streaming host has been experiencing connectivity issues at their Data Center recently. This has impacted on S.A. in the form of brief drops in the stream and occasional (but annoying) buffering - 'stutters' in the music.

As a result of this, our streaming host is moving to a new Data Center which will involve an IP address migration. I will update all of the links on the website as and when this occurs - I have been advised that this will be within the next twenty four hours. I have also been assured that this move will "... mean greatly improved performance and no downtimes ..."

Again, apologies if this has affected your listening pleasure of late.

Cheers.

Dee

PS The S.A. server was rebuilt yesterday and is running better than ever. Cool

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged

ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
Reply #4 - 6th Jan, 2006 at 2:48am

ProgMaster wrote on 3rd Jan, 2006 at 10:12pm:
As a result of this, our streaming host is moving to a new Data Center which will involve an IP address migration. I will update all of the links on the website as and when this occurs - I have been advised that this will be within the next twenty four hours. I have also been assured that this move will "... mean greatly improved performance and no downtimes ..."

This is now complete. Please read the Global Announcement on the forum or the news page of the website for further details.

Enjoy.

Dee

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged

huntr_22
Watcher Of The Skies

France
Reply #5 - 6th Jan, 2006 at 2:59am

Thank you Dee. Cool

IP Logged