Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Click Here To Return To The Home Page

HomeHelpSearch Merchandise DonateContactEvent CalendarLoginRegister  

out of sync ? (Read 3,434 times)

inveryes
Stellar Newbie

out of sync ?
21st Aug, 2005 at 5:41am

Now playing says it's get em out by friday but I'll swear that was the big man singing again Smiley

WWW WWW  
IP Logged

ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
Re: out of sync ?
Reply #1 - 21st Aug, 2005 at 8:31am

Hi there Inveryes,

There could be a couple of reasons for this :-

The front page of the website doesn't automatically refresh itself. So, if you're looking for the currently playing track you will have to manually refresh the front page occasionally.

The website is currently in the process of being overhauled and the new front page will automatically refresh itself plus it will display the song title in full - I know that sometimes the full name of the song isn't displayed properly.

Also, the code on the current front page of the website pulls the information directly from the server streaming the music. This is always (ever so slightly) ahead of what anyone tuning-in will hear (about ten seconds or so). Nothing to be alarmed about, it's the way that ShoutCast works. There is a slight 'buffer' in the stream which helps to alleviate any 'breaking up' of the music.

In the meantime, I can't stress how better it is tuning-in with the free WinAamp. As apart from other extra features, the current artist / title will always be displayed (in full). Something that Windows Media Player doesn't support.

Any further questions, let me know.

Cheers for now.

Dee

Edited:
ProgMaster - Since this post, the website has been overhauled. Click Here for further information.

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged