Dan Joy
Watcher Of The Skies

turn on, tune in, comment
profusely

Falls Church VA
Re: Playlist
Reply #30 - 6th Oct, 2008 at 3:58am

ProgMaster wrote on 5th Oct, 2008 at 7:23pm:
...Put simply, I plan to have a fully interactive element of the website whereby a listener can peruse the entire S.A. music library online, select a track and have it queued automatically and played at a specific time, with the requester's name mentioned on the front page of the website...

I hope, Darran, that some provision will be made so that the track won't que if it's been played in the last couple of hours...perhaps the requester could be asked by the system to pick another track?

Thx

"It's all about the prog"
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Dan Joy
Watcher Of The Skies

profusely

Falls Church VA
Reply #31 - 6th Oct, 2008 at 4:03am

ProgMaster wrote on 5th Oct, 2008 at 7:28pm:
Work overload, I'm afraid Dan. Have to earn the cash to keep these servers running ... Wink

But I'm back at S.A. H.Q. now. Cool

It's great to have you back, Darran.

WWW WWW  
IP Logged

ino_100
Harold The Barrel

Namaste

Montréal, Québec
Reply #32 - 6th Oct, 2008 at 4:59am

Dan Joy wrote on 6th Oct, 2008 at 3:58am:
...Put simply, I plan to have a fully interactive element of the website whereby a listener can peruse the entire S.A. music library online, select a track and have it queued automatically and played at a specific time, with the requester's name mentioned on the front page of the website...

Great news and an excellent idea ProgMaster! I believe this will be very time consuming... good luck!

Max

One Love

IP Logged

Tux
Stellar Associate

The Netherlands
Reply #33 - 6th Oct, 2008 at 8:59am

ProgMaster wrote on 5th Oct, 2008 at 7:25pm:
Tux wrote on 2nd Oct, 2008 at 6:25pm:
BTW SysAdmin, the font "Lucida Console" (or Liberation Mono" would be a welcome addition. I'd love to show this list in a monospaced font, but for me Courier is unacceptable: too ugly.

Not exactly a priority, Tux but something that I'll look into.

Thank you. Indeed, not exactly a priority.

FYI "Liberation Mono" has been designed to be a cross platform Free font with the same metrics as Arial and Courier to make exchanging documents in a somewhat portable layout possible. See here for more details. Downloads are available for True-Type and Linux.
No font is perfect, but for me this one showed that making documents look the same on windows and Linux (or Word and OpenOffice) actually is possible.

IP Logged

ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
Reply #34 - 6th Oct, 2008 at 8:06pm

ProgMaster wrote on 5th Oct, 2008 at 7:23pm:

I hope, Darran, that some provision will be made so that the track won't que if it's been played in the last couple of hours...perhaps the requester could be asked by the system to pick another track?

Thx

As mentioned, it's a very big task but have no fear, there will be a lot of song-weighting / rotating logic behind it to avoid such problems. Cool

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged

ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
Reply #35 - 6th Oct, 2008 at 8:06pm

Tux wrote on 6th Oct, 2008 at 8:59am:
ProgMaster wrote on 5th Oct, 2008 at 7:25pm:
Tux wrote on 2nd Oct, 2008 at 6:25pm:
BTW SysAdmin, the font "Lucida Console" (or Liberation Mono" would be a welcome addition. I'd love to show this list in a monospaced font, but for me Courier is unacceptable: too ugly.

Not exactly a priority, Tux but something that I'll look into.

Thank you. Indeed, not exactly a priority.

FYI "Liberation Mono" has been designed to be a cross platform Free font with the same metrics as Arial and Courier to make exchanging documents in a somewhat portable layout possible. See here for more details. Downloads are available for True-Type and Linux.
No font is perfect, but for me this one showed that making documents look the same on windows and Linux (or Word and OpenOffice) actually is possible.

Thanks for the info., Tux. Something I shall look at ...

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged

Oldrocker
Stellar Patriot

I am not a number, I am
a free man !!!

Stirling , Scotland
Reply #36 - 6th Oct, 2008 at 9:24pm

Looking forward to the new development !!

All your work is always appreciated !!

You're never too old to learn the drums !! Are you ??
IP Logged

ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
Reply #37 - 6th Oct, 2008 at 9:30pm

Patience being a key word here, Jim. Roll Eyes

Again, I still have to post a list of all of the recent updates that have occurred but I'll also post a list of forthcoming updates (next year) and a 'wish list' at some point too. Wink Cool

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged

Dan Joy
Watcher Of The Skies

profusely

Falls Church VA
Reply #38 - 6th Oct, 2008 at 11:15pm

ProgMaster wrote on 6th Oct, 2008 at 8:06pm:

Thx

As mentioned, it's a very big task but have no fear, there will be a lot of song-weighting / rotating logic behind it to avoid such problems. Cool

Awesome! Excellent!

WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Dan Joy
Watcher Of The Skies

profusely

Falls Church VA
Reply #39 - 6th Oct, 2008 at 11:18pm

Tux wrote on 6th Oct, 2008 at 8:59am:

I can't believe you've got me all psyched up about a *font*!   Cool

WWW WWW  
IP Logged

JestersTear
Carpet Crawler

ohio, usa
Reply #40 - 6th Oct, 2008 at 11:38pm

ProgMaster wrote on 5th Oct, 2008 at 7:24pm:
JestersTear wrote on 30th Sep, 2008 at 11:10pm:
Thanks Max--still trying to figure out the nuances of SA.   Cool

Please feel free to start a new thread within this board about any quesiton that you have with S.A.'s functionality, JT.

Will do Darran--thanks and look forward to the new playlist features coming !!     Smiley

The prog side of my brain is inherently euphoric.

IP Logged

Tux
Stellar Associate

The Netherlands
Reply #41 - 7th Oct, 2008 at 1:34am

Dan Joy wrote on 6th Oct, 2008 at 11:18pm:
I can't believe you've got me all psyched up about a *font*!   Cool

Tux is terribly sorry about that Tongue

Just wanted to be informative.

In the end it is just like with music: all about taste. Why do you think XP and Vista are so polular amongst the younsters? They get skins, and moving backgrounds! All useless rubbish that just eats away their CPU power, but hey, just give them what they want Smiley

Why do people buy a news-paper? Because the way the paper brings the news matches what they like to read and how to read it. Same reason why I do NOT have a newspaper. Here there is no newspaper that I would read without being annoyed by the font or layout.

For music however, we are very lucky to have a huge choice (unless you are walking in a shop, where they play stuff that isn't worth calling music, but that aside). We, the listeners of SA have chosen to listen to this station because we likelove the music that is being broadcasted. And sometimes, and some very often, we take the atime to mention our appreciation in this forum !

If there is a shortage of time, please put it in the music and forget all about the fonts and layout. We'll listen anyway.

IP Logged

JestersTear
Carpet Crawler

ohio, usa
Reply #42 - 28th Oct, 2008 at 12:38am

Is Unifaun in the SA library?

Thanks,

JT   Smiley

IP Logged

ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
Reply #43 - 28th Oct, 2008 at 6:43pm

Never heard of them I'm afraid, JT.

Any suggestions ?

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged

JestersTear
Carpet Crawler

ohio, usa
Reply #44 - 30th Oct, 2008 at 12:12am

They're a duo that records early Genesis type music. You could call them a clone but I have other Genesis-like band cd's and Unifaun has more originality with their work.

Imo the cd is sort of a "lost" Genesis album. It's that good.

Would make a great addition to SA imo.

JT   Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3