Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Click Here To Return To The Home Page

HomeHelpSearch Merchandise DonateContactEvent CalendarLoginRegister  

Station Problems (Post-New Server) (Read 4,182 times)

LonMelJr
Stellar Newbie

Station Problems (Post-New Server)
7th Jan, 2005 at 8:13am

It seems that all the music keeps skipping and rebuffering, even though I'm using a cable modem and listening to the broadband stream.  This is reminiscent of what I was told about my own server.  Perhaps this new one is not up to snuff for what you're doing at this station?  Does anyone else have this trouble?

IP Logged

ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
Re: Station Problems (Post-New Server)
Reply #1 - 7th Jan, 2005 at 6:24pm

Hi LonMelJr,

The problems you experienced with the stream yesterday were due to the connection dropping with my ISP. The configuration at the moment is set so that if the connection drops with the ISP the router keeps re-attempting to connect (in five second cycles) and the moment connection is re-established the stream kicks-back-in automatically.

The connection with my ISP dropped and reconnected several times yesterday (over the course of a few hours) - hence the buffering and the skipping in the audio.

I've re-configured the settings so that if such a situation re-occurs in the future, the stream will only re-start if the connection to my ISP is 100 % stable.

Rest assured, however, that the breaks in the stream yesterday had NOTHING TO DO WITH THE NEW SERVERS that are now online and are responsible for transmitting the radio stream itself.

In the meantime, any problems, let me know.

Cheers.

D.C.

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged

LonMelJr
Stellar Newbie

Re: Station Problems (Post-New Server)
Reply #2 - 9th Jan, 2005 at 2:21am

Ah, very good then! Cheesy

IP Logged