Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Click Here To Return To The Home Page

HomeHelpSearch Merchandise DonateContactEvent CalendarLoginRegister  

Avenged Sevenfold (with Mike Portnoy) Glasgow 26th Oct (Read 4,023 times)

Oldrocker
Stellar Patriot

I am not a number, I am
a free man !!!

Stirling , Scotland
Avenged Sevenfold (with Mike Portnoy) Glasgow 26th Oct
28th Oct, 2010 at 7:59pm

Well .. A7X .. not exactly routine fodder for SA !! .. but due to the presence of ex Dream Theater drummer Mike Portnoy, I thought it worth a mention.

The gig was a double headliner with Stone Sour & Avenged Sevenfold - the support act being Hellyeah.

The place was heaving - probably 11-12,000 folk !!

Both Stone Sour & A7X went down a storm - they seem to really like Glasgow audiences !!

Stone Sour played for approx an hour and covered songs for their latest album & others from earlier in their career including "Bother" - the only one I knew !!
A great live band !

Avenged came on to rapturous applause & Mike Portnoy being especially cheered.
They opened with the title track from their latest album "Nightmare" - a great opener !
They also played for approx an hour with various tracks including Beast and the Harlot, Afterlife & Almost Easy.

There was a moving tribute to "The Rev" (Jimmy Sullivan), their drummer who tragically died last year.

Now to Mike Portnoy .. well what an outstanding drummer - he was sizzling !!!!!!!!
He really looked as though he was enjoying himself !

I wanted to put youtube links here, but the quality wasn't really good enough. The volume of the sound was so high that the mobiles used just couldn't cope. Glad I had my earplugs !!!!!!!

All in all a great gig !!

Cheers,

Jim

You're never too old to learn the drums !! Are you ??
IP Logged

ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
Re: Avenged Sevenfold (with Mike Portnoy) Glasgow 26th Oct
Reply #1 - 28th Oct, 2010 at 8:48pm

Sounds like a great gig. Cool

Many thanks for the write-up, Jim.

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged