Ayreon (Read 15,353 times)

alan sharkey
Stellar DJ

What 70's hackers become
when they grow up

Rochdale, UK
Ayreon
15th Feb, 2010 at 8:57pm

I just got some of their (his - it's all one man really) music. If you like symphonic rock, go and have a listen.

D, have you got any on the turntables? I think it's good stuff.

Alan

Alan Sharkey
Retired but still Progging.

IP Logged

ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
Re: Ayreon
Reply #1 - 15th Feb, 2010 at 9:04pm

Afraid not mate but I as always, I'll look into them ... Cool

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged

JestersTear
Carpet Crawler

ohio, usa
Reply #2 - 16th Feb, 2010 at 12:42am

alan sharkey wrote on 15th Feb, 2010 at 8:57pm:
I just got some of their (his - it's all one man really) music. If you like symphonic rock, go and have a listen.

which one alan?  i have all their albums and half is excellant melodic symphonic metal and half is very hardcore metal.
i'd recommend for SA "Actual Fantasy" and "Into the Electric Castle", disc 1. "The Final Experiment" would also be a good fit.

The only problem though is every album is a sci-fi story that is really meant to be listened to from start to finish, not broken into parts.

The prog side of my brain is inherently euphoric.

IP Logged

alan sharkey
Stellar DJ

What 70's hackers become
when they grow up

Rochdale, UK
Reply #3 - 20th Feb, 2010 at 4:08pm

You are right - I've got The Universal Migrator and Timeline (the anthology).

My original message was based on the first CD of Timeline - the second one goes more hard core (which I'm not keen on).

So, which albums should I get for the symphonic stuff?

Alan

Alan Sharkey
Retired but still Progging.

IP Logged

Macros the Black
Life Seeker

You shouldn't do that
!

Uden / N-br / The Netherlands
Reply #4 - 8th Mar, 2010 at 8:21pm

I called Ayreonfanboy on Last.fm have all his albums excluding singles  Wink, including site projects named Star One and Guilt Machine, both great Prog rock (metal) Albums ...

Under Construction ....

www.ayreon.com ... A modern prog rock opera !

IP Logged

Macros the Black
Life Seeker

You shouldn't do that
!

Reply #5 - 8th Mar, 2010 at 8:26pm

JestersTear wrote on 16th Feb, 2010 at 12:42am:
alan sharkey wrote on 15th Feb, 2010 at 8:57pm:

which one alan?  i have all their albums and half is excellant melodic symphonic metal and half is very hardcore metal.
i'd recommend for SA "Actual Fantasy" and "Into the Electric Castle", disc 1. "The Final Experiment" would also be a good fit.

The only problem though is every album is a sci-fi story that is really meant to be listened to from start to finish, not broken into parts.

Not every album is the album actual fantasy a underrated album in my eyes, are 'short stories' , you can listen to that without the rest of the album, I am affraid the rest of the albums are space opera stories, as much as Aina or Avantasia is for Fantasy ...

You also can listen to his side project Star One wich features songs about his favorit sifi movies, Star Trek IV, Star Wars, Stargate,  Alien, etc etc ...

And his new project named Guilt Machine, and older site projects Ambeon (wich I still don't have  Wink), and Stream of Passion are easy listenable ...

Under Construction ....

IP Logged

Macros the Black
Life Seeker

You shouldn't do that
!

Reply #6 - 21st Apr, 2010 at 8:21pm

Great news 'fellows ... If intrested ...

There will be a new Star One Album

Star One demo listening party

Those who follow Arjen on Facebook, Myspace or Twitter have probably already heard that the Mastermind is hard at work on what will be a new STAR ONE album. The instrumental demos are completed, and Arjen is now working on lyrics and melody lines. Stay tuned for more!

A few weeks ago, Arjen's former manager Yvette graciously hosted a demo listening party for the people on Arjen's message board. It was an open invitation, although because of limitations of space, attendance was limited to the first few people who confirmed they could make it.

The 9 attendees got to listen to the demos, munch on assorted goodies, and fill in feedback forms to catalog their reactions to the songs for Arjen. Keep in mind that they heard rough demos -- no vocals, no solos -- these are the first demos that Arjen puts together just to get the structure and feel of the songs down before starting serious work on lyrics and vocal melodies.

Yvette kindly edited a very short video clip that gives an idea of what happened that day. In this video not only do you get to SEE what happened, you get to HEAR some snippets of the demos as well [/quote]

Direct link and youtube is here

http://www.arjenlucassen.com/aal/aa_news.html

Under Construction ....

IP Logged

MickK
Stellar DJ

Wheres the bar ?

Sheffield, England
Reply #7 - 26th Sep, 2010 at 7:08pm

New Star One album 'Victims of the Modern Age.' is almost ready for pre-order ahead of general release on November 1st according to Arjen J. Lucassen's website.

There's a preview of one of the songs called "Earth That Was" at
http://www.noisecreep.com/2010/09/22/star-one-earth-that-was-song-premiere/

WWW WWW live:mick_knapton http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id  
IP Logged

Ayreonaut
Stellar Newbie

Reply #8 - 29th Oct, 2010 at 6:37pm

I already got it, another good album, maybe time for some more Ayreon / Star One or stellar-attraction.com

forgive me if it is already happening, I am affraid I don't listen that much anymore to stellar since my externe HDD is fully working ...  Wink

IP Logged