Ipod availability? (Read 5,956 times)

alan sharkey
Stellar DJ

What 70's hackers become
when they grow up

Rochdale, UK
Ipod availability?
25th Oct, 2009 at 4:37pm

So, I've just picked up an Apple iPod Touch. It's a whole new world for me (being brought up on a diet of Microsoft).

I've found a program called "Shoutcast" which can get your station. But the iTunes program itself doesn't seem to include Stellar. Is there a reason why not?

cheers

Alan

Alan Sharkey
Retired but still Progging.

IP Logged

ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
Re: Ipod availability?
Reply #1 - 25th Oct, 2009 at 6:32pm

Hi Alan,

I don't own an iPod / iTouch / iPhone etc. so have very limited knowledge about these products. I do know that there is a ShoutCast application for the iPhone. From what I have read, this will allow an iPhone to connect to any Internet Radio station that's available on the ShoutCast platform (including S.A.)

As for iTunes, again I have very little knowledge about this application and have never personally used it. Something to consider if they have radio station listings though.

Cheers.

Darran

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged

Andrew P
Astral Traveller

Hall, ACT, Australia
Reply #2 - 27th Oct, 2009 at 12:38am

re: getting SA in iTunes. It probably won't be listed in the popular list simply because Apple geeks aren't listening to enough prog.
You can easily get it playing, though. Here's some advice from someone else on the net.
"I've had Streaming Stations folder for years. Go to Advanced>Open Stream and enter the url of the broadcast. If you're tricky you can even get Media Player urls in there. You can also create a smart folder to automatically populate any new streams you add."
Hopefully that's enough for iTunes-savvy folks.

WWW WWW andrew.purdam  
IP Logged

alan sharkey
Stellar DJ

What 70's hackers become
when they grow up

Rochdale, UK
Reply #3 - 27th Oct, 2009 at 7:11pm

thanks all.

Alan

Alan Sharkey