AMAZON.COM & S.A (Read 13,738 times)

Landy
Stellar Newbie

"Be yourself, or live
the fantasy within"

AMAZON.COM & S.A
23rd Feb, 2008 at 6:50am

Hey Master...oops, pardon me, ProgMaster  

I have just learned, through the grapevine, that if your listeners hear music which they like alot and do not already own, and then purchase the CD through Amazon, S.A will get a small fee to help with the maintenance of the station?

Could you please explain this to your devoted following, yours truly included? If you have a blurb in the forum about this, could you please direct me to it, so that you don't have to take the time to rewrite what has already been written?

This is a great way for people to make a contribution to SA., and in return,  the listener will have a new prog rock CD!

Landy

IP Logged

ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
Re: AMAZON.COM & S.A
Reply #1 - 23rd Feb, 2008 at 9:52pm

Hi Landy,

Yes, this is true. As part of the recent website facelift, there is now a picture of the CD cover of the album that the 'currently playing track' is taken from. If clicked, this takes the listener directly to the appropriate page on Amazon.com for further information and of course, the option to buy the album itself.

Indeed, as S.A. is an 'Amazon Associate', a small percentage of any sale is received. The same applies to the 'widget' on the front page of the website.

This has been mentioned on the news page already but I will add a more detailed explanation once 'Phase 3a' is totally bug-free and put to bed.

Enjoy.

D

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged

Landy
Stellar Newbie

"Be yourself, or live
the fantasy within"

Re: AMAZON.COM & S.A
Reply #2 - 24th Feb, 2008 at 4:32am

Oops, you are right, the info about purchasing the "playing" CD is located in the "news" section! It shows that I have not browsed the entire site recently but rather, rushing to the forum when logging on! I will do not homework  Grin

Landy

IP Logged