Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Click Here To Return To The Home Page

HomeHelpSearch Merchandise DonateContactEvent CalendarLoginRegister  

Oceansize @ The Brook Southampton 26:04:07 (Read 3,844 times)

silver
Legacy Stellar DJ

At such speeds, things
fly

Sunny Weymouth
Oceansize @ The Brook Southampton 26:04:07
9th May, 2007 at 1:04pm

Oceansize
The Brook Southampton: 26:04:07

Ok just a few quick words about this gig…

First time at The Brook for me and a very nice small venue it is too. Probably only hold a couple of hundred people.

Oceansize were playing a handful of dates before heading into the studio to record their third album and the purpose of these shows was to roadtest the new material. This meant that the bulk of the set was brand new songs. I don't have a set list to share with you as a lot of the songs weren't introduced and some only had working titles that were. I can tell you that they played Catalyst and Women Who Love Men Who Love Drugs as the only old songs.

Due to a breakdown on route to the venue the band were late and didn't start their set til 10.30pm but still played for the best part of 90 minutes. The sound wasn't great and they were basically soundchecking as they went along. But eventually the sound was sorted out although Mike's voice was lost a bit in the mix.

I have to say the new material sounds fantastic, especially the epic opening song and can't wait for the new album.

IP Logged