HomeHelpSearch Merchandise DonateContactEvent CalendarLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Silver Session IV (Read 89,435 times)

Heracleum Mantegazziani
Stellar DJ

Latitude 33°N/Longitude 117°W
Re: Silver Session IV
Reply #45 - 16th Sep, 2006 at 1:27am

Cool Couldn't agree more! My wife actually turned me on to Kate - with The Kick Inside (great cover) - Man with the child in his eyes - brilliant!

bottled in a strong confession, my distortion shows obsession

IP Logged

GFTO77
Life Seeker

Bring on the Prog

Reply #46 - 16th Sep, 2006 at 3:28am

*YES live in 74*

Wakey at the keys........playing Topographic Oceans

Smiley

Stellar Attraction rocks like no other Radio Station...

IP Logged

jabyes
Stellar Patriot

Reply #47 - 16th Sep, 2006 at 3:43am

With all the "replays" this pending week, Dee, I am hoping to catch this set again sometime during the 8am-5pm Chicago timeframe....   We will ROCK the workforce!

Currently playing track:

Yes - The Revealing Science Of God (Live 28 Feb'74, Cobo Hall - Detroit, Michigan)

Time

Last five tracks played
02:42:03      Yes - Close The The Edge (Live 28 Feb'74, Cobo Hall - Detroit, Michigan)
02:32:15      Yes - And You And I (Live 28 Feb'74, Cobo Hall - Detroit, Michigan)
02:23:09      Yes - Siberian Khatru (Live 28 Feb'74, Cobo Hall - Detroit, Michigan)
02:21:38      Yes - Firebird Suite (Live 28 Feb'74, Cobo Hall - Detroit, Michigan)

Jeff

IP Logged

ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
Reply #48 - 16th Sep, 2006 at 3:50am

jabyes wrote on 16th Sep, 2006 at 3:43am:
With all the "replays" this pending week, Dee, I am hoping to catch this set again sometime during the 8am-5pm Chicago timeframe....   We will ROCK the workforce!

Currently playing track:

Yes - The Revealing Science Of God (Live 28 Feb'74, Cobo Hall - Detroit, Michigan)

Time

Last five tracks played
02:42:03      Yes - Close The The Edge (Live 28 Feb'74, Cobo Hall - Detroit, Michigan)
02:32:15      Yes - And You And I (Live 28 Feb'74, Cobo Hall - Detroit, Michigan)
02:23:09      Yes - Siberian Khatru (Live 28 Feb'74, Cobo Hall - Detroit, Michigan)
02:21:38      Yes - Firebird Suite (Live 28 Feb'74, Cobo Hall - Detroit, Michigan)

Jeff

Just doing a brief time-conversation, you'll definintely catch the entire Yes set this coming Monday Jeff. Cool

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged

jabyes
Stellar Patriot

Reply #49 - 16th Sep, 2006 at 4:06am

Awesome! 

Of course, please consider adding the Remembering (playing now) and anything else forthcoming.

Hmmm...  gonna be hard to get any work done, but I  am willing to make the sacrifice for the cause!   Tongue

Jeff

IP Logged

ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
Reply #50 - 16th Sep, 2006 at 4:15am

jabyes wrote on 16th Sep, 2006 at 4:06am:
Awesome!  

Of course, please consider adding the Remembering (playing now) and anything else forthcoming.

Hmmm...  gonna be hard to get any work done, but I  am willing to make the sacrifice for the cause!   Tongue

Jeff

Have no fear Jeff - you'll catch the entire Yes concert on Monday.

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged

silver
Legacy Stellar DJ

At such speeds, things
fly

Sunny Weymouth
Reply #51 - 16th Sep, 2006 at 7:32am

The Topographic Oceans Tour of 1973/74 took in over 70 shows. However only about half of these actually featured the whole of the then 'new' album. Also the set list did change slightly in so much as initiallty they played Heart of the Sunrise instead of And You And I, before deciding to play the whole of the Close To The Edge album, dropping HOFTS, only to reintroduce it again once The Remembering  was dropped and also I think playing Starship Trooper (I could be wrong about that one). Of course with so few shows actually featuring all of TFTO good quality recordings are even more rare. This one is a particular gem.

For those of you who have not been able to catch this live performance (and the Genesis one earlier) I'm sure that both may at some time find their way onto the regular playlist if requested enough.

Cheers
David

IP Logged

Lithium
Legacy Stellar DJ

Rocklicious!!

Reply #52 - 16th Sep, 2006 at 10:46pm

Looking forward to hearing the repeat session tomorrow Silver (missed it first time round).  You have some Queen in there?  Hmmm Tenement Funster...... *fingers crossed*   Cool

IP Logged

jabyes
Stellar Patriot

Reply #53 - 16th Sep, 2006 at 11:49pm

[quote author=silver link=1158050395/45#51 date=1158388365]The Topographic Oceans Tour of 1973/74 took in over 70 shows. However only about half of these actually featured the whole of the then 'new' album. Also the set list did change slightly in so much as initiallty they played Heart of the Sunrise instead of And You And I, before deciding to play the whole of the Close To The Edge album, dropping HOFTS, only to reintroduce it again once The Remembering  was dropped and also I think playing Starship Trooper (I could be wrong about that one). Of course with so few shows actually featuring all of TFTO good quality recordings are even more rare. This one is a particular gem.

Yes, due to some fan "indifference", they cut back two of the four sides during the tour... perhaps right after Detroit. It is documented in one of the Yes books that are out there.  So having the Remembering is truly special! Thanks for sharing!

Jeff

IP Logged

ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
Reply #54 - 17th Sep, 2006 at 12:03am

silver wrote on 16th Sep, 2006 at 7:32am:
The Topographic Oceans Tour of 1973/74 took in over 70 shows. However only about half of these actually featured the whole of the then 'new' album. Also the set list did change slightly in so much as initiallty they played Heart of the Sunrise instead of And You And I, before deciding to play the whole of the Close To The Edge album, dropping HOFTS, only to reintroduce it again once The Remembering  was dropped and also I think playing Starship Trooper (I could be wrong about that one). Of course with so few shows actually featuring all of TFTO good quality recordings are even more rare. This one is a particular gem.

For those of you who have not been able to catch this live performance (and the Genesis one earlier) I'm sure that both may at some time find their way onto the regular playlist if requested enough.

Cheers
David

Further information regarding this concert can be found on the 'Forgotten Yesterdays' website by clicking here

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged

krimhead
Astral Traveller

Hamilton
Reply #55 - 17th Sep, 2006 at 12:47am

Great set yesterday (friday), i particularly enjoyed hearing the genesis live in switzerland.  I occured to me, now this may or may not be true but, the genesis sound of the late 70's really paved the way for what music was going to sound like in the eighties, right?  Either that or maybe Genesis was ahead of its time?  The spot the pigeon keyboard solo was nice to hear again.. that's a 45' my collection somehow lost.  I lost all my 45's, omg, where are my 45's?  Chester Thompson on drums is groovy too.  I thought Mike Rutherford really shined on this occasion- playing at times with Chester Thompson hinting an almost swinging type feel.  Viva les Drums!  Even being familiar with the second's out recordings, I was really suprised by the vocals.  Always in a strong accurate and gutsy tone, Phil Collins played what I would say are some not so easy parts from interpretating the more early material off of SEbtP.  It was a great show complete with its share of moments and good humour, i'm sure all listeners will agree.  Hearing some Queen too was great fun.  Thanks for the great programming SA Smiley

IP Logged

ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
Reply #56 - 17th Sep, 2006 at 1:10am

Glad you enjoyed Silver's session krimhead, excellent music indeed !!

Here's looking to the re-runs this coming week.

Smiley

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged

ProgMaster
Stellar Owner

Stellar Attraction

British Isles
Reply #57 - 17th Sep, 2006 at 6:04pm

It has started again people !!

Smiley

WWW WWW 5444228463  
IP Logged

GFTO77
Life Seeker

Bring on the Prog

Reply #58 - 17th Sep, 2006 at 6:11pm

And its rockin!!!!

Smiley

Missed the first part on Friday.....lol....

Stellar Attraction rocks like no other Radio Station...

IP Logged

silver
Legacy Stellar DJ

At such speeds, things
fly

Sunny Weymouth
Reply #59 - 18th Sep, 2006 at 4:47pm

It's Monday afernoon and Genesis are now playing live from Zurich 1977 Cool

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5